Commission Reports & Papers
The National Commission produced a number of products during its 8 month existence. These include:
- The Commission’s Final Report
- A short report containing the Commission’s Recommendations
- A series of Staff Working Papers
- A multimedia interactive presentation illustrating the events resulting in the explosion, and describing the history of offshore drilling, the response to the spill, the damages caused by the spill, and the Commission’s recommendations for what should be done to prevent future spills.
- Two versions of the Chief Counsel’s Report describing in detail the events leading up to the Deepwater Horizon explosion. (Note: Both versions are large electronic files – exceeding 25MB)
A full record of the Commission’s activities and documents is available at the archived Oil Spill Commission web site.